Portugal, by many considered the California of Europe, has much more to offer than beautiful beaches, stunning historical sites or a huge variety of culinary delights. It is one of the safest countries in the world with a climate that offers in many places up to 300 or more days of sunshine.
There are several compelling reasons why someone might consider moving to Portugal:
1. Quality of life: Portugal is known for its high quality of life, with a pleasant climate, beautiful landscapes, and a relaxed pace of living. The country offers a great work-life balance, making it an attractive destination for those seeking a more laid-back lifestyle.
2. Cost of living: Portugal is generally more affordable than many other European countries, particularly in terms of housing and everyday expenses. This can make it an appealing option for those looking to stretch their budget without sacrificing their standard of living.
3. Healthcare: Portugal has a well-regarded healthcare system, with both public and private options available. Expats can access quality medical care at a fraction of the cost compared to many other developed countries.
4. Residency benefits: Portugal offers attractive residency programs for non-EU citizens, such as the “Golden Visa” program, which provides a pathway to residency through investment in the country’s economy, real estate, or culture.
5. Safety and stability: Portugal is considered one of the safest countries in the world, with low crime rates and a stable political environment. This can provide peace of mind for individuals and families looking to relocate.
6. Culture and history: Portugal boasts a rich cultural heritage, with a blend of traditional and modern influences. From historic cities to picturesque coastal towns, there’s no shortage of beauty and charm to explore.
7. Proximity to other European destinations: Portugal’s location makes it an ideal base for exploring the rest of Europe, with easy access to neighboring countries and a well-connected transportation network.
These are just a few of the many compelling reasons why individuals and families might consider making the move to Portugal.